The Power Plate transmits waves of energy throughout the body, making muscle fibers contract between 25 and 50 times per second, enhancing the co-ordination and efficiency of both muscles and nerves in the body.
The vibrations essentially create instability that forces the body to respond with multi-directional contractions as a counter balance and this type of complex reaction is what is required within everyday life.
- -Immediate improvements in blood circulation
- -Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- -Increased joint range of motions
- -Decreased cellulite
- -Increased bone mineral density
- -Reduced pain and soreness
- -Faster recovery and regeneration from injury and training, (research support includes Moezy et al (2008), that indicated enhanced recovery from anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery using vibration technology during rehabilitation)
- -Enhanced metabolism and lymphatic flow and reductions in cortisol (which is a stress hormone)
- -Little impact on the joints and ligaments
- -Capacity for whole body massage and relaxation
- -Increases the production of collagen to encourage firmer, smoother skin
- -Helps prevent age-related muscle loss, bone density loss and skin wrinkles
- -People with medical conditions can exercise while working within their personal physical limitations
- -Helps prevent injuries through enhanced propriceptive awareness and control